Bloomsbury Summer School
Fascinated by ancient civilisations?
We offer anyone with any level of knowledge, inspiring short courses on Ancient Egypt and other areas of the Ancient World.
Accommodation guide 2019
Visitors to BSS who wish to book accommodation should make their own arrangements
Cartwright Gardens is a handsome crescent about five to ten minutes walk east of BSS. It is located in a pleasant area close to the British Library. Its hotels occupy converted town houses and overlook a garden. Prices usually include full English breakfast and tea/coffee-making facilities. Most hotels have no lift, so guests may have to climb up to five flights of stairs.
- Crescent Hotel 49-50 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EL. Tel: 020 7387 1515
- Euro Hotel 53 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EL. Tel: 020 7387 4321
- Harlingford Hotel 61-63 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EL. Tel 020 7387 1551
- Mentone Hotel 54-56 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EL. Tel: 020 7387 3927
Premier Inn, London Euston
- County Hotel: Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H 0JW. Tel: 020 7387 5544 (Bookings: 020 7278 7871)
The County Hotel is located mid-way between BSS and the British Library, about five minutes walk from each. All rooms have a washbasin, TV, and tea/coffee-making facilities. There are no private bathrooms but a shared one to every four bedrooms. There is a bar, which serves lunch and dinner, and, nearby, a health club which guests are entitled to use at concessionary rates.
- Premier Inn, London Euston: 1 Dukes Road, London WC1H 9PJ. Tel: 08702 383 301
This Premier Inn in situated ten minutes walk from BSS and a stone’s throw from the British Library, is fully air-conditioned and offers large modern rooms with TV, tea/coffee-making facilities and en suite bathrooms. The room rate does NOT include breakfast, but there is a restaurant that serves both English and Continental breakfast for an additional charge. The restaurant also serves dinner, and there is a bar which offers a limited menu at lunchtime and in the evening. For an additional charge, guests may use the on-site car park, though space is limited and a system of ‘first come, first served’ prevails.
- Tavistock Hotel: Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9EU. Tel: 020 7636 8383 (Bookings: 020 7278 7871)
The Tavistock Hotel overlooks Tavistock Square Gardens, about five minutes walk from BSS. There is underground car parking available, for an additional charge. All the rooms are en suite. There is a wine bar which serves food and a nearby health club which guests are entitled to use at concessionary rates.
You might also like to consider staying in a: University Hall of Residence