Bloomsbury Summer School
Fascinated by ancient civilisations?
We offer anyone with any level of knowledge, inspiring short courses on ancient Egypt and other areas of the ancient world.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect information to be able to tell you about our courses and study days.
The type of information we have?
We store your name, postal address (if you have provided it) and email address (if you have provided it).
Where do we collect your personal information?
We collect information when you sign up for one of our study days or courses. We also collect information if you contact us about one of our events, but only if you specifically request we provide you with information in the future.
How we use your information.
We use your information to tell you about our study days and courses.
We are allowed to use your information in this way because:
- We need to so that we can provide you with information about our courses and study days.
- You have given your consent to us using your data in relation to this use. You can opt out of this at any time.
We will never share your information with any other individual, organisation or company.
Why we keep hold of your information.
We keep information while you’re booked to take a study day or course with us and after the course or study day, for the purposes described above. How long we keep it depends on how long you continue to book courses or study days with us. We currently retain your contact details for 6 years after the last course or study day you have booked with us.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to request details of the information we have about you.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of information.
- The right to ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask that we erase your information.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us – please see our 'Contact & location' page.