Bloomsbury Summer School
Fascinated by ancient civilisations?
We offer anyone with any level of knowledge, inspiring short courses on Ancient Egypt and other areas of the Ancient World.
Summer School 2019 course fees and booking options
2019 Summer School: £340.00 per person per course.
Booking & payment options
- Pay for summer school courses online – the full fee for each course is payable immediately, of which £100 is a non-returnable booking fee. Online payments to Bloomsbury Summer School are securely processed by PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to pay your course fees online, choose between Credit/Debit Card or PayPal when you're ready to make your payment. PayPal's shopping cart uses web cookies and requires the acceptance of terms and conditions. To book more than one course please select 'continue shopping' in the shopping cart before checking out.
- Download a booking form, complete and post it to us with a non-returnable booking fee of £100 for each course booked. Sterling cheques only please, made payable to Bloomsbury Summer School. If you would prefer to pay by bank transfer or cash please email us.
In the event of cancellation of summer school bookings, or withdrawal without notice, a scale of charges will apply, so you might like to take out suitable insurance cover. Refunds will be given in accordance with the following scale: LESS the £100 booking fee:
- Six weeks (or more) notice: 100%
- Between 6 weeks and 3 weeks: 50%
- Under three weeks and no-shows: no refund
BSS Bursary Scheme
Bloomsbury Summer School runs a modest bursary scheme, offering unfilled places on our summer courses to those who would find it challenging to pay our course fees. We are able to offer a small number of applicants places for £250 per course, which is £90 less than the full fee.
Eligible students who wish to join the scheme are welcome to do so. You need only email or send in a brief statement of your wishes, putting your chosen courses in order of preference. You may apply for as many courses as you like. All you need do after you have sent in an application is try to keep your diary clear of important engagements for the relevant week(s). The process of awarding bursary places usually begins in May.
There is of course no guarantee that a bursary place on a given course will arise at all, and even when bursary places do become available, they sometimes do so rather late in the day, as a consequence of last minute student cancellation.