Bloomsbury Summer School
Fascinated by ancient civilisations?
We offer anyone with any level of knowledge, inspiring short courses on Ancient Egypt and other areas of the Ancient World.
Summer School accommodation guide 2019
Visitors to BSS who wish to book accommodation should make their own arrangements
University Halls of Residence
Of the local and reasonably-priced University of London halls of residence, BSS students tend to stay in:
- College Hall, between the Vanbrugh Theatre and Waterstone’s Bookshop on Malet Street
- Connaught Hall overlooking the gardens of Tavistock Square,
- Garden Halls, in Cartwright Gardens
- International Hall, close to the shops and restaurants of the Brunswick Centre
All four halls of residence are located within a fifteen-minute walk of BSS. Visitors should remember that these Halls are equipped for student usage. They are cheap and convenient, but functional rather than elegant.
Please be aware that the Summer 2019 prices may differ from those stated on this website, please check before booking.
You might also find a room in a UCL Hall of Residence and there are also the halls of residence of the London School of Economics close by.
We're also happy to provide details of several hotels, all within easy walking distance of BSS:
- Smaller hotels in Cartwright Gardens close to BSS
- Larger hotels close to BSS
There are of course plenty of other hotels in the area. For advice on university halls of residence and local hotels please get in touch.